From Bosque Village Notes
The Bosque Village is a sustainability laboratory located in the highlands of Mexico near Patzcuaro, Michoacan.
- To know us:
- Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=bosquevillage
- And like the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/bosqueforest
- Other places: Where to find the Bosque Village online
- Develop and practice a culture for a sustainable human civilization. See: Bosque Culture
- Provide Bosque Participants with intense experiences, living close to nature with less resources, while developing their own knowledge and skills to build a more sustainable culture in their home communities. See: Bosque Activities : Projects
- We share our knowledge and experiences with each other, but also with the world: See: Bosque Videos, Quora, and this wiki. See: Creative commons : Open source
- We use, review, and develop energy systems to live more sustainably. See: Solar electricity, Composting toilets, Pee gardens, Grey water, Solar food dehydration, Solar cooking : waste : recycling : upcycling : Rainwater Catchment : Extreme conservation : Product reviews
- Bosque Food culture: Food Philosophy : Food preservation : Eating locally : Raising chickens : raising rabbits : : fermentation : meat : Food forest farming
- Develop a better Philosophy of music, art, and performance : See Music : Art : Performance : Creative commons
- Build with sustainability as a primary objective: Natural building : Architecture
- Protect and enhance the natural environment of the forest. See: Food forest farming : Gardens : Wildlife restoration
- Promote sustainable tourism in Michoacan. See: Tourism development : Deep travel
- Be a good neighbor to nearby communities: community programs : food security : Yotatiro : Eronga
- Documented and shared. For our projects we take video, photos, and write up our experiences.
- Replicable. We wish to share our work so others around the world can learn from our mistakes and apply our solutions in their own ways in their environments.
- Open Source and Creative Commons. We want to give our knowledge away.
How to get involved
- Join the mailing lists and email discussion lists to get updates on everything going on in the Bosque! http://bosquevillage.com/en/
- Read about our projects, watch our Bosque Videos, and share what inspires you about us online: Where to find the Bosque Village online
- Help us with our Funding by being a Patron, or helping us find sponsors.
- Read our product reviews on sustainable products and buy them through our affiliation links. Suggest products you would like to see us review.
- Apply to become one of the Participants, or suggest someone who you would like to see in our Bosque Videos.
- Implement the Bosque Culture in your own life and see what other ways you can change your culture and the culture of those around for the better. Write up your experiences on Quora and make your own videos like the Bosque Videos to share your experiences.
- Join us for one of our Live broadcasts which are announced on the Bosque Village Calendar and via Twitter and Facebook and Google Plus.
- Bosque Activities
- Recommended products
- Recommended books
- Partner organizations
- Places in the Bosque Campsites, group campsites, gardens, buildings,
- Places near the Bosque
- Philosophy of Deep Travel
- Philosophy of Food Forest Farming
- Philosophy of Architecture
- Food Philosophy
- Philosophy of music, art, and performance
Promotion of local tourism by discovering and documenting hidden attractions with Deep Travel.
- Traveling to Mexico
- Places to go in Mexico
- The weather forcast: https://weather.com/en-GB/weather/10day/l/MXMN0938:1:MX